If you have a website with valuable content or you are into e-commerce, the next step is to start making money from it. How do you get there? Get your e-commerce merchant account by applying with an online payment provider. Read our article on why you need a merchant account here. The evaluation process with different payment providers may vary in certain requirements but there are general components that are present on all website compliance checklists. When it comes to online payments, transactions and billing statements expressions such as complete policies, consistent applications and compliant payment forms are those you have to be acquainted with.
Get through the process – Read the insider tips below:
2. Look into your refund policy. Your clients should be aware of the reimbursement process, if any, in case they decide to return purchased goods or services.
3. Make sure you show on your site a customer support contact e-mail and phone. If you want to get a merchant account and do e-commerce that’s the top mandatory feature.
4. Be consistent. You want to make sure the products displayed on your website match those defined by you on the application form.
5. Make your website payment form compliant. For greater impact display the Visa and MasterCard logos. Clearly state price, billing terms, and descriptions. State if it’s a single product purchase or a subscription based payment model.
6. Signify the name that will appear on the client bank statement. Put a descriptor on the payment form as well as a customer support contact e-mail/form and phone number.
7. Create your payment e-mail confirmation template. Have it handy and show it to the payment provider upon request.
8. Take care of the descriptor website. Have a proper website url that redirects automatically to the company website. Do the company branding. Include the full corporation name, address and country.
9. Almost there. A compliant descriptor website has customer support contact e-mail, form and working phone number.
It’s as easy as that . What matters the most however is to have the right approach from the start. So – do your homework. Read as much as possible on the subjects of topic merchant accounts, compliance requirements, and figure out your needs and identify the proper service offering. Identify the payment methods and the geographical coverage that you want to reach with your products, and last but not least, tell us how it goes. Inquire for more info with us at email@example.com